Friday, April 20, 2012

The Temptations of the Devil: Chinese Food

Strawberry milk is another temptation, also.
I have always liked Chinese food.  That doesn't mean it always likes me.  I find it interesting how I love to eat it, but then it causes my digestive system so much grief.  You would think I would stop eating it after a while.  I have been pretty good about avoiding it, but every once-in-a-while I give into temptation.  When this happens, I often have instant regret.  I sacrifice my stomach's well-being just to please my own cravings.  Why do I do this to myself?  Why do we all do things like this to ourselves?
In the same way that I am tempted by delicious, salt-filled chicken and rice, Satan tempts all of us, all of the time, in different ways.  He will always make it look appealing and desirable.  He tells us that it won't hurt us or anybody else.  News flash; Satan is a LIAR.  He will ALWAYS leave us empty and in pain.  The best way to not feel this way is to have the self-control to say NO.  It will be difficult.  If it weren't difficult, there would be no point in making decisions.  We must have the strength to say no and turn away from the darkness and into the light.  Through our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can have the strength and motivation to make decisions that won't give us spiritual stomach cramps.
I am not saying that Chinese food is of the devil, I am just likening a temptation of mine to temptations we will all have.  When facing a decision, look in the long term.  Getting a tattoo now may not look like it will hurt anybody, but what will that look like when you have to tell your children why they should not get a tattoo?  That is just one example.
Jacob 6: 12 "Oh be wise, what can I say more?"

No comments:

Post a Comment