Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fruits of Living the Gospel: Cafe Rio!


Okay, so I wrote a post about the temptations of the devil and Chinese food.  It is now time to write about the opposite end of the spectrum; how the gospel of Jesus Christ has blessed the lives of those who live by it and Cafe Rio! 
Do you have a friend from church or school?  Do you look up to them?  Can you see how happy they are because they are living the gospel of Jesus Christ?  What makes them that happy?  What is church doing for them? 
And is it doing the same for you? 
Christ tells us to "come unto" Him.  In exchange, He will give us relief from the things that drive us crazy down here on earth.  He will "ease our burdens" and help us find happiness and purpose in this life. (see Matthew 11: 28-30)
In the Book of Mormon, the prophet father Lehi tells of a dream he had in which he partook of fruit from the tree of life.  He said that the fruit would make one happy.
"10 And it came to pass that I beheld a atree, whose bfruit was desirable to make one chappy.
 11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the afruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted....
 12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great ajoy;.."
(1 Nephi 8)
He compares this fruit to living by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
So, are you partaking of the fruit?  Or are you just standing by the tree?  If you aren't tasting this awesome fruit, what is holding you back?
You can see how this gospel has blessed the lives of those around you.  I know I can.
Jump in line here at the Cafe Rio of the gospel!  Don't fall for the easy or bad way of the Chinese buffet!  Here lies true happiness!  This food will not give you stomach cramps!  You won't regret coming here.
Open your eyes and taste the fruit!  Decide to follow Jesus Christ!  Have faith in Him.  Turn away from the things you are doing that would make Him sad!   Be baptized and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost!  This is so much better than living without!
Despite how our faces look, we are VERY HAPPY
Forget about the things that hold you down.  They may be appealing now, but they won't last.  They will leave you faster than Chinese food and leave you in pain!  Cafe Rio will stay with you and enrich your life forever.
It may seem silly of me to compare the gospel of Jesus Christ to food, but it makes sense to me.
I invite everybody to come and partake of the fruit of the gospel.  This is His true church!  I know it!  I can see it as I see how others live, as well as in myself.
Come find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment