Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mission Briefing - AREA 1

This morning, I was thinking about how much I love the area I am serving in.  I thought of transfers (tomorrow) and how much I hope that my companion and I get to stay here.  I thought of how much I have loved every area I have served in, how much I have learned in each area, and the friends I have made.  So I have discovered a grand idea!  I shall do a report of each area that I have served in!
And it begins now!
And here is a picture of a jet.

AREA 1: Missionary Training Center, Provo, UT
This place was only 7 miles away from my house (also known as home-base!).  I could have run to my grandparent's house for lunch and made it back in time.
I have a love-hate relationship with this place. 
I had a hard time staying inside for so long, reading so much, trying to learn as much as I could while there.  It was a hard adjustment for me.  I think of it as the pre-mission briefing on an aircraft carrier.  I was nervous, uncertain and unaware of what would happen.
That is why I have this picture of an F-14 tomcat on an aircraft carrier.  That's something I wanted to do if I grew up.
What I loved about the MTC (aside from free BYU ice cream on Wednesdays) is the spirit that was there.  I learned and grew so much from that not-so-fun experience.  I learned how to fully trust in the Lord; it would have been hard not to!
That was the takeoff point of this mission.
What can be learned is that we as people can do ANYTHING if we trust in God.  We may not think that we can do it ourselves, but if we just move forward with our trust in the Lord, one day we will look back and see how far we have flown!

No comments:

Post a Comment