Thursday, May 10, 2012

AREA 2- Kalispell

So, technically, this should be AREA 1, but then I would have to change the MTC to AREA .5 and I don't want to do that. 
This is where my mission began!  My first area, and I can't imagine a better place to start out!\
Kalispell is special to me for many reasons.  I guess this sentimentality caame from the trials I had of adjusting from the life I was living and the life I would be living. 
Some of the hardest of trials and gloomiest of times happened here in Kali.  However, those dark times cannot hide the light!  Just as you can't darken a room with a "flash-dark" instead of a flashlight.  Darkness is simply the absence of light.  And there most certainly is light in beautiful Kalispell.
And this is the place where it all began.  This is the starting line, the beginning of the runway, the first stage of the flight. 
Were there rough times?  Of course.  There are rough times everywhere.  Apparently, they weren't rough enough to make this airplane crash though!
One of the things that really pulled me through, and that I miss about Kalispell, is the friendships I formed there.  The members and nonmembers of the church that I was able to talk with and laugh with will always hold a special place in my heart.  That is one thing that kept me there!
\I have learned from Kalispell that no matter how different we all are from each other, we can still be friends.  I learned to be patient as a missionary.  I learned that miracles happen every day!
I spent Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas up in Kalispell.  Each holiday was spent with a member family to whom I will always be grateful for their hospitality and letting us be a part of their lives for the time we were there.
I had a hard time leaving Kalispell.  That is something about missions that I am not fond of; how we have to say goodbye to so much, so often!  The time I spent in Kalispell, I will not have it again, but I will always remember it and smile!

Kalispell was great!
And they opened a Panda Express while I was there too!  Can't complain about that!

1 comment:

  1. Elder Warner...I thought you were one of the MOST POSITIVE "attitude" missionaries...to ever serve here in Kalispell! That was my deep IMPRESSION of you! You are a TERRIFIC missionary! God Speed throughout the rest of your MISSION!

    ReplyDelete